The BOB Trailer Axle BOB113 – 162, 167 or 172mm x 1.0 is specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike.
Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
Robert Axle’s BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. These axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. Robert Axle safety test, to failure, every batch of axles they produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
BOB Trailer Axle BOB113 – 162, 167 or 172mm x 1.0 features:
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 172 mm, but can be shortened using the included spacers – a flat spacer and a tapered X-12 spacer. This allows for axle lengths of 160, 167 or 172 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.0 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminium and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
Please note this axle does not come with Bobbins. Find them here if you need them.