The Blackburn Outpost Cargo Cage is a super sturdy bikepacking fork & downtube carrying solution.
Easily one of our most popular cargo cages, this cage is reliable, tough & well designed. Important factors when riding off into the great unknown, with no support!
We love reliable bikepacking gear at Abbotsford Cycles!
The Cargo Cage is designed for carrying bulky items like your sleeping mat or sleeping bag on the sides of your fork. Freeing up valuable space in your frame bag or saddle bag. And they’re also a great place to put your strange sized things like a Trangia.
In fact Blackburn Designs tagline for this cage is ‘Carry the Strange’. So don’t hesitate to tie down a banana in your cargo cage. Bikepacking gear is especially handy for non-bikepacking trips too. Commuting with your Outpost cage will allow you to carry your lunch in to work, a pair of shoes or anything else.
This is of course an outstanding carrier of a Nalgene bottle, and any other large or small water bottle for that matter. Wine bottles too.
The perfect marriage of two classic Blackburn products a cargo rack and bottle cage in one.
BLACKBURN OUTPOST CARGO CAGE FEATURE & SPECS
- Comes with rubberized straps with Velcro to secure your cargo
- Triple Boss Mount allow for 3 height positions
- Still compatible with standard water bottle mounts
- Lifetime Warranty – meaning it does what it’s supposed to, and Blackburn are sure of it!
- Capacity: 3 kg
- Weight: 164 g including the straps
- Construction: 6061 aluminium tubing
- Dimensions: 203mm H x 101.6mm W x 82.5mm D
- Black finish – this is the new 2023 version!
Installation of this cage is easy, as it has 3 sets of mounting holes to suit a variety of bike frames & forks