The Revelate Mag-Tank Bolt-On takes a new twist on cockpit bags that mount to top tube bosses. Instead of a zippered opening, access to the bag is by a smartly contoured top flap held in place by a magnetic buckle with mechanical engagement (the magnet aids in closure, while load is placed on a connection). It will not unintentionally open and spill your gummy bears when you end up in the trees with your bike upside down like a conventional magnetic closure would. You can easily open the bag one handed by pulling outward on the cord loop and you have access to the whole top of the bag. To close, just flick the flap down and the buckle self-engages!
Compared to Revelate’s Gas Tank, the Mag-Tank Bolt-On is just a hair smaller to prevent leg movement from hitting the edge of the flap opening.
Please note – while the cover to this bag is designed to shed rain and spray, due to the large panel opening it is not a sealed nor waterproof bag. Although the closure is secure – due to the flap style opening there is the possibility that small-loose objects can come out of the bag from rough trails and lying the bike on it’s side. Revelate recommend putting things like single keys and M&M’s in a ziplock.
REVELATE MAG-TANK BOLT-ON FEATURES
- Single handed access with effortless magnetic closure
- Two sets of mounting holes on bag bottom to allow bolt-on attachment to top tube.
- First set of mounting holes spaced at 76mm (+/- 2mm) off center from head tube.
- Second set of mounting holes spaced at 100mm (+/- 2mm) off center from head tube.
- Distance between mounting holes is standard water bottle cage spacing, 64mm.
- Velcro secured, padded bag bottom conceals mounting bolts
- Interior lined with yellow fabric for greater visibility
- Adjustable height daisy chain front attachment with a spacer block to clear stem clamp bolts
REVELATE MAG-TANK BOLT-ON SPECS
|MAX HEIGHT||12.7 cm|
|WIDTH @ STEM||6.35 cm|
|WIDTH @ TOP TUBE||3.8 cm|
Note: Mounting bolts not included. During test fitting we have noticed that longer bolts may be needed on the Salsa Cutthroat.