The Robert Axle Kid Trailer Axle KID211 – 174 or 180mm x 1.75 will allow you to attach a hitch-mounted trailer to your bike.
This 12mm thru axle from Robert Axle will fit any trailer that has two wheels & a single point of attachment. Including all the two-wheeled child, pet and cargo trailers from Thule, Chariot, Burley, Instep, Carry Freedom & more.
Robert Axle want you to share your love of cycling with your kids. Their axle’s will allow quick & secure attachment of your trailer to your favourite bike.
Your stock thru-axle is not strong enough to haul your precious cargo! Robert Axle’s are 3 to 4 times stronger than the stock axle that came with your bike. Their stainless steel axle ends will provide a safe and secure attachment point of the hitch to the axle. The axle is quick to install and remove with a common 5mm hex key.
Kid Trailer Axle KID211 – 174 or 180mm x 1.75 Specs:
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 180 mm, but can be shorted using the included 6 mm spacer for lengths of 174 mm or 180 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminium and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle end is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.