The Front Lightning Bolt-on Axle LIG509 – 138mm x 1.5 is a strong, durable & low profile 15mm thru axle.
The Robert Axle Project has made Lightning axle’s to replace just about any stock thru axle on bikes made in the last 15 years.
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Front Lightning Bolt-on Axle LIG509 – 138mm x 1.5 features:
- Lightning is Better. Robert Axle’s front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles or create wind drag. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- The diameter of this axle is 15 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 138 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 15×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle has a M14 x 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: 46 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminium and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.