The Front Lightning Bolt-on Axle LIG509.F – FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes is a strong, durable & low profile thru axle.
The Robert Axle Project has made Lightning axle’s to replace just about any stock thru axle on bikes made in the last 15 years.
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Front Lightning Bolt-on Axle LIG509.F – FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes features:
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary FOCUS R.A.T. axle. Simply replace the R.A.T. nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your R.A.T. equipped bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- This axle is compatible with bikes that have a FOUCS R.A.T. thru axle in the front fork with 15×100 front hubs.
- Weight: 56 grams, includes axle and our replacement for the RAT nut.
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminium and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.