Servicing and Repairs
We are currently closed for repairs due to COVID-19
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the chat widget below for more information
- You can make a booking to our workshop over the phone (9429 6889) or in-store at Richmond.
- Abbotsford Cycles guarantees repairs by its trained bike technicians.
- Major repairs (services, overhauls, wheel builds etc.) must be received before 10am Monday-Friday for same-day turnaround.
- Minor repairs (ie. punctures) are welcomed throughout the day, no need to make a booking.
- Repairs are usually ready for pick-up at 5pm, unless otherwise agreed. Just let us know if you require your bike earlier.
- Major services are not undertaken on Saturdays.
For further assistance contact:
Abbotsford Cycles Richmond: 9429 6889
General Repair Information
As well as servicing, we offer a variety of other repair options. If something is broken or even if your bicycle is making an irritating noise, we can help with repairs. Please call or email us to discuss
What is a General Repair?
It's pretty much anything else on your bicycle.
A general repair will likely fall into one of the categories below
Naturally, without a visual assessment, we can't guarantee our same-day option for all General Repairs, but once we have the bicycle we will get it fixed asap.
We can usually fix small problems such as punctures while you wait. No booking required!
Sometimes even the best of bicycles can make a little noise. It can be a squeak, tick, rattle, clunk...etc. Although very different noises, they all have the following in common:
- They can be an early indication that something is amiss.
- They are an unwelcome companion on your journey.
At best something needs a little lubrication, retightening or readjustment; at worst there may be a potentially serious safety issue.
Bring in your bike and let Abbotsford Cycles take care of it.
Much like the 'noise', you may feel your bicycle is not functioning quite like it used to.
A professional mechanic can quickly and efficiently determine what is wrong and advise accordingly.
Bring your bike in for peace of mind and to avoid potentially larger issues.
Puncture or broken cable
Drop in anytime from 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am-2pm Saturday.
As part of the work, we will identify the reason and advise whether there is a way of avoiding the same problem in future.
Abbotsford Cycles is happy to provide detailed quotes for accident repairs.
If requested, we will give a quote for accident damage and also pre-accident wear and tear. We can provide an electronic quote by sms or email. If the list is extensive, please use email, email@example.com.
Abbotsford Cycles charges a $30 quote fee which is credited if we do the repair.
Abbotsford Cycles has an extensive, well-equipped workshop enabling our qualified mechanics to undertake many frame repairs in-house.
- Frame/Fork alignment
- Head tube facing
- Bottom Bracket facing and taping
- Helicoiling of crank threads
Where necessary we can disassemble your bicycle and send a frame or fork to a specialist repairer such as Gripsport.
Bicycle Restoration and Painting
We are experienced in restoring bicycles from "wreck" to as good as you would like to have it.
We can also direct you to a number of respected businesses that do excellent paint jobs.